Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 13: Switcharoo


Nobody's fault but my own....for lunch I accidentally took someone else's bento (Japanese packed lunch) out of the fridge. The outside wrapping looked very similar, the inside could not have been any different: fatty pork, salty pickled radish and cucumber, salty dried fish, sweet red beans and white rice. It was strange, given that the wife is fully on board with PCP and this lunch pretty much broke every single rule of the diet. Unfortunately in the time it took for the email exchange to go back and forth (me: is there pork in the bento? wife: no pork, fish. me: this really looks/tastes like pork (with picture attached). wife: whose bento is that? because its not YOURS! I hope you didn't eat it!), I had eaten it. DOH! Needless to say my colleague enjoyed my herb fish, grilled shrimp, broccoli, pumpkin and brown rice bento a lot more than I enjoyed his crappy Japanese bento....

The rest of the day went well:

Workout: woke up early and jumped rope before work, definitely gave me a nice energy boost to start the day.

Dinner: my first full meal out since starting PCP, Andy's, Izakaya, arranged a special PCP course: grilled asparagus and mushrooms (straight, NOT drowning in butter as usual....mmmmm butter....), sashimi (just a dab of soy sauce), snow crab, yaki udon (stir fried light w/ cabbage and black pepper, NOT pork and soy sauce as usual), gindara (black cod, the only real divergence from the path), and the kicker, ulong cha, NOT fresh grapefruit and shochu sour......

1 comment:

  1. Andy's PCP menu! What a nice "hair of the dog" approach to weight loss (he's certainly responsible for a kilo or two of my body fat).

    ReplyDelete