Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 5: jump rope

Patrick shortened my jump rope on Sat, and after 2 days of being a complete spaz I'm already getting used to it, was able to get thru 4 sets of 70 squeaky clean (1st set had a couple of minor trip-ups). According to the Jedi Master: standing on the jump rope, the handles should come up to your nipples (give or take), the arc should be relatively tight, minimal movement in your arms, which should stay straight/down, most of the movement in your wrists...

1/2 diet going well, but get reeeeally hungry late afternoon, 4-5 ish...

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'll have to measure mine. Does your jumprope have a "good" side? Mine seems to... I'll be jumping and tripping every 3-4 jumps, then switch handles/hands and get through 2 sets without a trip. I'm blaming the kinks that haven't worked their way out of the plastic yet, but it's something I didn't quite realize was possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure to hang them, always. I hang them from doors in my home. Never leave them coiled. This will help them straighten out on their own, and stay that way. I've found plastic speed ropes work the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't noticed a good side or bad side, but if I regress I will switch and see.

    Thanks for the hanging tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is sort of folded in half and hanging over the door knob, but the kinks don't want to work themselves out. Maybe I'll try hanging it higher and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. Mine *definitely* has a good side, I figured it was just psychological (there's a counter on one side I prefer in my left hand). Pretty sure I'm not 100% symmetrical in my movements either.

    ReplyDelete