Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 31: Leg-ups

4x 25, that's a lot of leg-ups...

I know, I know, I'm fixated on jumping rope....but I think I have the answer! I suspected that the smooth, hard floor was the ideal surface, after killing it at the gym. Thu night I had to jump at home, did it outside on the pavement, tripped at least 10 times. Fri went 1300 straight at the gym. Today at home again, in the elevator hall with compact carpet, and I was tripping on average every 20-30 jumps, sometimes twice within 10, a few times twice in a row. Very frustrating. About halfway thru I came inside the apartment, pulled the rug back to smooth, hard wood floor, and jammed the last 650 with only 2 trips. I'm sure the tenants in apartment 301 were thrilled...


2 comments:

  1. Haha! I seriously cannot do that here or I would. I've noticed that whenever I change the surface I'm jumping on, it takes my body time to adjust. Concrete or Asphalt probably make it harder though. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it, so I trip occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 x 25 leg-ups sounds awesome! I'm jealous of you guys!

    ReplyDelete