Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 45: Livin' on a Prayer

Oooooooooooooooh, we're half-way there...congrats guys. And a big shout out to our Sempai class, who finished today. You guys are a true inspiration! Well done! Now Team Running Rats moves to the top of the Active PCPers! YA HEARD!

Workout
-jumprope: LOVE the new timed sets. I'm averaging 230-240 jumps per 2 minute set (resting 10 seconds in between), so already doing more total than the last set of 1500, but I find it much more enjoyable, each set trying to break the previous record (259 is my top so far).
-floorjump: I know we are supposed to jump as high as far, but should we be staying crouched or straightening on the up? I'm guessing it makes a difference for which muscles we use...
-plank: love it. should I be feeling so much strain on my arms and shoulders? sometimes they start shaking...

Lunch: daily triple decker: asparagus, broccoli, radish, cucumber, avocado (God's butter, can't remember who said it but I second that emotion!), egg and grilled chicken on raisin wheat bread. Are raisins kosher? I know there is no fruit allocation for lunch, and vaguely remember an anti-raisin diatribe by Ren...

3 comments:

  1. Stay crouched during floorjumps for a better workout. And the arms and shoulders will start failing first because they are smaller muscles than the target core muscles of plank. Just ignore the pain there and focus on the 360 degrees around your stomach area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your record keeping inspired me today! Try and beat 328 in 2 minutes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half way Fish, it's all up to you now!
    You will learn to hate the planks.;)
    Timed jumping is SO much better than counting though, I agree.
    Stay strong and keep the faith! It only gets better, trust me.

    ReplyDelete