Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 32: Bread

Breakfast: avocado, asparagus, cucumber, hard boiled egg on wheat bread sandwiches (1 is a tripple decker and still a bit short on the carbs).

Since I have solved my jump rope mystery, my new crusade is against sodium. After blowing the lid off of the Bueno Foods Buenatural Whole Wheat Tortillas, my next target is wheat bread. Pasco Wheat Nuggets, the smaller slices, and Pasco Whole Wheat Raisin, the bigger slices. The Nutrition Facts are based on 100g, which is 3.5 slices of Raisin and 6-7 slices of Wheat Nuggets.

Raisin weighs in at 364mg sodium (15.2% USDA, 36.4%PDA),
Wheat Nuggets weighs in at 592mg (24.7% USDA, 59.2% PDA).
That seems like a big difference. Not exactly sure why the Nuggets
need so much sodium, but considering I LOVE raisin bread, and psychologically its easier to eat 3.5 slices of bread for breakfast than it is to eat 6-7, we've got a winner!

2 comments:

  1. Glad someone else is paying attention to this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was hardcore. The Fish is gonna take PCP to a whole new level! I expect an 8-pack at least, possibly a ten-pack...or maybe even a damn DOZEN abdominal muscles! Go Fish!

    ReplyDelete