Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 51: Temptation

So my parents are visiting (not really us, but their first grandchild), and my mother, fulfilling her lifelong obligation of baking her world famous banana bread anytime she sees me, anywhere on God's green earth, managed to get thru customs packing double barreled Hawaiian Blends (my old favorite was with chocolate chips, and she has also dabbled with craisins, but ever since our wedding in Hawaii she has been making it with pineapple, very good). The timing could not have been better for Indulgence II, BUT I had already set my sights on tomorrow's Yakult Swallows/Seibu Lions game outside at Jingu, kicking back with a couple of Chu Hi's, yaki tori and yaki soba. So alas, will have to hold out until Thanksgiving for the next Banana Bread Bonanza...
Workout
Jumprope: very sloppy session this morning, lots of tripping, maxed out at 383 (3 minute set).
Pushups: continue to struggle with pushups after chest dips, but real good burn on all 3 chest exercises today.
One-arm curl: should our forearm be parallel to our body/legs or at a slight outward angle? also its a bit difficult getting full closed flex holding 2 ends of the bands in 1 hand.
Plank: good Lord, my shoulders were quivering on the first set, and had to work to keep my waist/groin from dipping to the floor.
Biceps: when working out, my right bicep is noticeably bigger than my left, though both are definitely bigger now, and the difference is probably not noticeable to the passerby, so just keep on keeping on as usual?

1 comment:

  1. If you want to put your band slightly off center so that the weaker arm has to work harder and the stronger arm gets an easy load.

    ReplyDelete