Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 58: Weird Stats

Back to Yokohama after only 5 days since my last visit, and some of the stats turning up a bit weird:
-lost 1kg in 5 days (more on that later).
-body fat and subcutaneous fat UP but visceral DOWN, which is good since visceral is harder to lose.
-muscle mass down but no biggie since weight is down and fat is shifting.

Over all the fat and muscle movements do not add up to 1kg of weight loss, so Patrick asked me if I was thirsty, and since he mentioned it, I was parched, and thus the answer: I was slightly dehydrated, so some of that 1kg was just water weight. No biggie, just need to make sure to drink when I'm thirsty.

Workout: no real revelations, just remember if the exercises are too easy and you're not feeling it, then you're not doing them properly.

2 comments:

  1. Be wary of The Lure Of The Statistics. After 3 months of PCP, you only have maybe 15 data points, so it's hard to extrapolate trends, and day-by-day your weight and stats will swing a couple kilos; water, bowel movements, etc...
    Remember the REAL goal: you wanna look good nekkid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, same thing happened to me the other day--I weighed in in the AM at 147.8 (WTF!!!) but then read your post and realized I'd eaten salty food the night before, and was probably holding more water than usual. Agreed, Ren, though it's hard not to make those little, daily micro-comparisons when you've got the measurements right there in front of you. Especially if they change in a direction you aren't expecting. I guess it's best to try to look at the data over weeks instead of days, and focus more on the pics as the true measure of progress!

    ReplyDelete