Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 56: "Rest"

"Rest" Day, as usual did my jumprope at the gym instead of at home in the elevator hall. Once again to prove my floor vs. compact carpet theory, I did a warm-up 3 minute set and banged out over 450, when all week I was stuck in the 300-350 range at home (except when I maxed out at 462 in Yokohama). Then did my 4x 4 minute sets, maxed out at 590. Just for kicks I finished with an extra/casual 4 minute set, to see how many I could do in a row without tripping, blew thru 4 minutes (count at 550), ended up beating my previous personal best 1492 and stopped of my own free will at 1501, symbolic since that was the max we did when counting (I know, I'm still counting, I'm obsessed). My feet were almost numb but otherwise felt really good after...

Yes, raisin wheat bread is AWESOME, but note the disclaimer: ALL dried fruits are chock full o sugar, thus not recommended. But a few raisins scattered throughout a few slices of wheat bread is not going to kill me, especially if its for breakfast (vs. having a bowl of raisins for the evening fruit snack, that would be bad, mmmmkay?).

2 comments: