Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 59: Peaking down into the Valley

No, I'm not in the Valley, but I'm at the edge, sneaking a peak, and you know what I see? THE PLANK, with no stopwatch!!!!!

During the week I actually enjoy the workouts: jumping rope first thing in the morning wakes me up and gives me an energy boost, and the rest of the workout at lunchtime breaks up an otherwise monotonous day working for the man. On the weekends I think I have been getting a sniff of the Valley recently, at times dreading and fretting over when I will have time squeeze in the workout, but I always find time and get thru it and feel great afterward.

Beating the Plank: today I tried a new technique. I concentrated on my breathing, counting (of course) the deep breaths in and out, and I think it actually worked...will see if it is sustainable...

No comments:

Post a Comment